Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Stopped or Moving Forward?


All alone -
Standing still or
Moving forward?

The angled direction looks strong.
Where is the other foot?
Does it matter?

Looking closely at the surroundings,
There are some glimmers of aid.
Can they be called in?
Will they help?

The light is bright on the forward toe;
On part of the heel in the back also.

Does that mean the past is bright enough,
Sound enough,
To support the future?

After all is pondered and said,
It comes down to, simply,
"One step at a time!"

©2007 Sheila Finkelstein



Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 3:48 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

Love this poem Sheila. When I first looked at the photo - it made me feel peaceful and serene, but also full of forward motion - a state that I achieve every day at this point in my life.

Though - I know what it's like to be moving forward in a frantic, panic-like state as well.

Peaceful and serene is a much better way to be :)

Love the poetry you wrote to go along with this!

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Sharon Lippincott said...

What a stunning and enigmatic shot. The light hits it in a way that makes it look as if the foot is a raised sculpture standing above the sand. Even as I examine it closely and line up the shadows of the footprint with the shadow of the grass blades, it still seems to pop up.

Things are not always what they seem.

 
At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to read some poetry from you. Makes my heart happy.

(this is Julie Jordan Scott, for some reason Blogger doesn't like me to sign in to post my responses!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home