Thursday, May 25, 2006

WRITE NOW

Once again I am participating in very generous Julie Jordan Scott's 42 Days of Writing Passionately a program which, in the past, has reached unknown parts of me in my writing. I heartily recommend all of Julie's programs.

I am moved to share my free-flow writing from yesterday's session which seems to be somewhat of a follow-up to my WORDS posting in January. As a matter of fact, I think I wrote that during another of Julie's writing programs.

Given I say the writing in this blog is inspired mainly by photos, though it wasn't the source, I've included an image of the photo journal in which I write. The prompt for the session was:

"Right now I intend to pay attention to..."
To writing more, to writing regularly.

To allow myself to separate from my thoughts, my judgments
To be on the page with what comes
To trust that it IS right, whatever comes out
That it will and does make a difference for me and others who dance with my words
For that is what it is a dance of life.

The words move back and forth
They may have a lilt, a clang - harumph'
They hit a sore point, no not sore -
Rather magical to connect and make a difference, sometimes pivotal.
On her toes she spins, she dances gracefully accepting, embracing all there is.

©2006 Sheila Finkelstein

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home